Sunday, June 30, 2013

Triple Berry Pie


I'll admit, the above photo isn't one of my best by any means. However, it's going to have to do. It was extremely difficult to get a good shot of this gooey mess, but let me tell you - it's absolutely delicious! 

For my potluck at work this week, I was assigned to make something sweet. I didn't want to make a cake or cookies, since that's what I knew everyone else would make. After thinking about it for a couple of days, I finally decided to make this triple berry pie. Unlike the cheesy potato soup I most recently made, this dish is actually in season. Plus, it's simple to make (and who doesn't love something easy). Read below to see what I mean!

Here's what you'll need:

Filling Ingredients
-1 frozen pie crust
-4 cups of berries (thawed)
-1/2 cup of sugar
-1/4 cup water
-2 tablespoons cornstarch
-the juice of one lemon
-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Topping
-1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon 
-1/2 cup of brown sugar
-1/2 cup flour
-1/2 cup oats
-1/2 a stick of butter, cut in small pieces

1. Preheat oven to 375. Cook your pie crust for about 7-9 minutes, until light golden brown. Set aside to cool while you cook the rest of your pie.

2. Mix all your topping ingredients together, cutting in the cold butter last. Combine until you have a crumble consistency, and set aside.

3. Cook all of the filling ingredients on medium (except for the berries), whisking frequently until well blended and thick.

4. Remove filling from the heat, and stir in the thawed berries. Your berries should look glossy and shiny.

5. Pour the filling into the pie shell, and cover completely with the crumble topping.

6. Place the pie in the center of the oven, and cook for 45 minutes.

7. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving, and enjoy!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...