Thursday, August 29, 2013

New Inspiration



Shirt: Delia*s Warehouse Sale
Dress (as a skirt): Jessica Simpson
Belt: Michael Kors
Shoes: Vera Wang
Necklace: Nordstrom

It's hard to believe that I would have any trouble picking out what to wear every morning considering the fact that I haven't had most of my wardrobe in my possession for months! You would think, that I would just be overwhelmed with happiness at the amount of options I have at my disposal. However, like many other women, there are some mornings when it seems like you honestly have nothing to wear. Thank goodness for fashion blogs though, they are my saving grace when it's a day like today.

I based today's outfit off a recent post from one of my favorite fashion bloggers, What I Wore. It's because of bloggers like her that I'm able to see my clothing from a different light. Like this polka dress - it's actually pretty inappropriate for office wear on it's own, as a result of slits in the back, and a bra-style front. However, with the simple addition of a button-up denim shirt, it works in my casual office environment. As I was putting this together, I was sensing a vintage vibe, so I swiped on some cherry red lipstick, black liquid liner, and curled my hair in soft waves. The leopard belt was a last minute addition, and I actually think it pulls everything together. I love how this turned out!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Stop being so adorable! Love this and I want =3

    ~N

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...