Monday, September 16, 2013

Peanut Butter Cookies


When it comes to cooking, I find almost every recipe that I make through Pinterest. Thanks to millions of pinners and bloggers, I can always find something new that I'm willing to try. It's so different from how I grew up. As a kid, I remember my mom pouring through cookbooks almost every night, looking for a new item to add to our dinner rotation, or to make a special treat. 

Sometimes though, I'm looking for a really simple recipe. Like today, I wanted to whip up peanut butter cookies. I was pretty sure I had everything on hand, but I wasn't positive. So, I turned to one of my favorite food websites: Food 52. Unlike Pinterest, people actually make things that they find on Food 52. Then, they come back and comment about how their version turned out. It's wonderful.

Anyway, my cookies turned out perfectly. And let me be honest, I can probably count on one hand the number of times that has happened. The bottoms were just lightly browned, and the middles are soft and chewy. Read on for the super simple recipe:

Ingredients
-1 stick unsalted butter (softened)
-1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter
-1/2 cup sugar
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1 large egg
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1 cup flour

1. Pre-heat the oven to 350. Using a stand mixer, cream the butter and peanut butter. Once creamed, add both sugars until the mixture is consistent, about two minutes.

2. Beat in the egg and vanilla, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl. Add salt, baking soda, and flour. Beat until combined.

3. Arrange heaping tablespoons (for big cookies!) onto baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Use the prongs of a fork to crosshatch the tops.

4. Bake cookies for about 10 minutes, until light golden brown, and just firm around the edges. Let cool, and transfer to baking racks to cool.

Makes 24 big cookies - enjoy!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...