Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Cool Blue



Cardigan: Kate Spade
Dress: Tahari
Shoes: Jessica Simpson
Earrings: Neiman Marcus Last Call

I work less than a mile away from my favorite mall in the entire world, Tysons Corner. I've been going there since I was 12, even though it was more than an hour away from my parent's house, and it just never gets old. And sometimes, after a particularly trying day at work, I can't resist stopping in to window shop. Last Friday, was one of those days. Actually, it was more like one of those weeks. But I digress.

While waiting for my fiance to meet me for dinner, I decided to wander around Bloomingdale's and check out the clearance racks. Although I walked in to the dressing room with a huge stack of clothing, I didn't think that this plain dress was going to make the final cut. In the end though, it was the only thing I walked out with. The cut is simple, it's the optimal shade of blue to complement my ivory skin tone, and the subtle stitching on the body defines my shape perfectly. For a fun contrast, I applied a deep red lipstick and did my nails with tomato-red polish. This look seems more like something I would wear in the middle of winter (albeit with a heavy coat, of course), but it seems refreshingly cool right now.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. omg love your sweater and dress! those blues are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I can't wait to wear it with different color combinations.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...