Friday, October 25, 2013

Mixing things up



Jacket: DKNY
Dress: Diane von Furstenberg
Earrings: H&M
Shoes: Jessica Simpson
Belt: off a Tory Burch skirt

Sometimes, I have a difficult time thinking of inventive ways to wear dresses with bold prints. I have a tendency to just let the pattern stand for its own, avoiding any flashy accessories or extra embellishments. Once I pull out the dress, I find a pair of coordinating pumps, and call it a day.

Today, was a step in the right direction. The last time I wore this dress was here, and I was honestly avoiding wearing it again because I couldn't think of anything extra I could add to mix it up. Then, I found this velvet dark blue ribbon in the back of my closet, and thought it just could work to transform my dress. Sure enough, I was right. Once I had that tied in a neat bow, I decided to go for a red, white, and blue color ensemble - one of my favorite pairings.  Sure, it's probably not a major transformation for most people, but just belting my dress at my waist, I was able to see this dress in a whole new light.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...