Monday, October 7, 2013

Pavlova with Blueberry Jam


Last weekend, I had a Pinterest party at my apartment with some of my girlfriends from college. We always have the best time trying new recipes, catching up on gossip, and playing lots of games. For the occasion, I decided to make pavlova with blueberry jam, a recipe I found originally here. I was quite please at just how easy these were to make, and enjoyed eating them even more. Keep reading below to see how you can make them on your own:

P.S - The only thing I was unhappy with was that my meringues had bubbles in them. I think the mixture wasn't thick enough - does anyone know what might have happened?

Ingredients
-6 egg whites
-1 tsp cream of tartar
-1/4 tsp salt
-1 1/4 cup of sugar

-1 cup of fresh blueberries
-1/4 cup sugar
-1/4 cup lite corn syrup
-juice and zest of one lemon

1. Set an electric mixer to medium, and whisk together egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt for about 3 minutes. While the mixer remains on, add the sugar, little by little, until the meringue is stiff and can form stiff peaks. 



2. Spoon on big dollops of the meringue onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper (note how I missed this step), making little bowls in the meringue to hold the jam. Bake at 250 F for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Make sure to rotate the pans halfway through so they bake evenly.

3. While the meringues bake, combine the blueberries, sugar, corn syrup, and lemon in a small pan over medium heat. Cook for about 6-8 minutes, so the mixture just boils. Remove from the heat, and the jam will thicken as it cools.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...