Friday, November 1, 2013

Concorde



You know how sometimes you keep something, and promise yourself that you're going to use it or wear it in the future? I think we both know how this story goes...as dedicated as you are to your commitment, you almost never use or wear the item. This little bottle of nail polish, is one of those things.

You probably have never seen a L'Oreal bottle like this, and that would because this bottle of polish is over 10 years. It could be older, but it's at least 10 years old. Anyway, I always held onto it, and I wasn't quite sure why. Every six months or so when I went through my bottles I also though about pitching it, but I just never could.

Last weekend, I saw The Counselor. The movie itself wasn't particularly memorable, actually, it was really pretty bad. But Cameron Diaz, one of the stars in the movie, was wearing the most beautiful chrome nail polish, and I couldn't take my eyes off it. I know this polish isn't really close to what hers looked like, but it was the closest substitute I had.

Honestly, I kind of love it. Considering just how old this polish is, it's amazing just how easily it goes on. The formula was a little streaky, but I really don't think it's too noticeable in these photos. Plus, nearly five days later when I'm getting around to writing this post, I don't have any chips, which is seriously impressive. 

As I mentioned early, I'm not quite sure what made me hold on to this bottle for so long. Gut feeling, I supposed. Regardless, I'm glad that I did.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...