Monday, November 25, 2013

Pin Tested: Hawaiian Crock Pot Chicken


I've seen this pin for Hawaiian crock pot chicken thousands of times. After a while, I ended up pinning it, thinking it would be a good dinner for some night in the future when I didn't feel like cooking.

So a couple of weeks ago, I made it. And by "made it," I threw everything in the crock pot, and I let it cook for about 8 hours on low while I was at work one Monday. I figured I would just do a quick review because I've seen this pinned countless times, but I've never seen a post where anyone said if it was tasty or not!

Obviously, it's fast and easy. When I came home that night, my apartment smelled delicious. Upon lifting the lid, it looked pretty good too. I found there to be a bit too much sauce than was really needed, and it was a little bit runny. I think thickening it up with a tablespoon or so of cornstarch could have really helped with the consistency.

The chicken was moist and cooked, although nothing truly special. I loved that it fell apart as my fiance and I were eating it; as it should have considering how long it was cooking. I served the chicken with my copycat Chipolte cilantro lime rice, which was the perfect savory and salty companion to this otherwise sweet dish. 

Overall, I'd give this dish a 7/10. I love how easy this was to do, and the final end result. However, I think this dish is too sweet on it's own, and really isn't anything super special.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...