Monday, November 11, 2013

Refried Bean Tostadas


I haven't gone grocery shopping in the last two weeks. I don't eat out very frequently, and like to cook a lot, so this presents a big problem when it comes to dinner time. Last night, I found myself scavenging the pantry and fridge yet again trying to think of what I could have for dinner, based on my limited selection. And then it hit me - refried bean tostadas! All you need is tortillas, cheese, refried beans, and green onions, and I already had all of the above on hand. Here's how you can make them:

Ingredients:
-tortillas
-shredded cheddar cheese
-1 can of refried beans
-1 chopped green onion

1. First, I cut small circles out of a tortilla using a sharp knife and a cup. With one tortilla, I can get about six of seven bite sized tortillas.

2. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Top each mini tortilla with a tablespoon of refried beans and a sprinkle of cheddar cheese. Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet.

3. Bake for about six minutes. When finished, the cheese should be melted, and the bottoms of the tortillas should be golden brown. Top with a pinch of chopped green onion.

I'll admit that this isn't the most filling or nutritious dinner choice, but when you don't have much to work with, they are super delicious. Enjoy!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Looks so yum! I'm so proud of you for cooking so much! I hope I can be like you when I finally move out. Lol. Miss you!

    ~N

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...