Wednesday, December 4, 2013

5-Year High School Reunion Wear



Top: Rebecca Taylor
Cardigan: Calvin Klein
Pants: Delia*s Warehouse Sale
Necklace: Vintage
Shoes: Coach

Almost everyday, I struggle trying to plan my outfit. Unless I had a recent flash of inspiration, I stand in my walk-in closet just begging my clothes to jump off the hangers as if they were saying, "wear me!" Alas, that never happens. Last week though, I faced a serious first world problem - what do I wear to my five year high school reunion?

First of all, I'm pretty sure most people don't have five year reunions - not much has changed in that short amount of time, and because of social media, we already have a good idea of what everyone from high school is doing. Anyway, a bunch of my friends I had not seen in awhile were planning on going, so I decided to go too.

My reunion was the evening before Thanksgiving, so unfortunately I was going straight from work. That meant my outfit had to be work friendly, comfortable enough for 2 hour traffic-ridden ride home to my parents, and cute enough for my liking. I didn't want to get too dressed up (I mean, it's just a bar), but still I knew everyone would clean up nicely in the hope of trying to impression someone. Because that's the point of reunions right? Impressing people you hated with a passion in high school.

After some deliberation, I decided on black jeans, patent leather pumps, and this silky floral-print blouse. It's a pretty basic outfit, but this top is the one piece I turn to when I want to look my best. Plus, it was pretty easy to make this office appropriate by throwing on a lightweight cardigan. I kept accessories to a minimum, only adding a string of vintage crystals passed on from my grandma.

In the end, for an event like a high school reunion, your best bet is to choose pieces that make you feel most confident. You're not going to feel pretty if you have to spend the whole night readjusting your skirt, tucking in your blouse, or trying to make those four-inch heels comfortable. While this look may not have been super special, I felt good - which is all that matters. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...