Saturday, December 28, 2013

Black Out, Happy Birthday, Matte About You




With the holiday season, I had been wearing a lot of bright red polish. But now, I'm honestly quite sick of it. So, I went for a color on the complete opposite end of the spectrum: black. When I was younger, I had always felt like the only people that wore black polish were goth (#naive), but now I've found it's one of the only colors that I feel like can be worn year round.

My go-to basic black polish is "Black Out" from Sally Hansen. Unlike most blacks, it's not streaky, and only takes about two coats to be opaque. Next, I applied a thin layer of "Happy Birthday" from Deborah Lippmann. It's only fitting because my birthday is tomorrow, and sparkles are a necessity for festive New Years nails. However, instead of finishing with my usual Seche Vite clear top coat, inspired by this pin I decided to go matte. It can be a little bit trickier to finish with matte polish, but the end result is completely worth it.  
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...