Thursday, December 19, 2013

Feeling Blue



Shirt: Theory
Camisole: Gap
Necklace: Claire*s
Skirt: Tommy Hilfiger
Shoes: C. Wonder

Don't you just love when you buy a new piece of clothing, and you can instantly think of how you're going to wear it with other pieces that you already own? That's how you know you've made a good purchase, and you won't regret it. Just recently, I got this sweet polka dot pencil skirt on mega sale from Tommy Hilfiger, and  quickly started brainstorming how I would wear it first.

I've kind of been on a button up kick, so my first idea was to pair my new skirt with my favorite blue oxford. If you know me, then you know I love a good monochromatic look - it works on any body type, and is so easy to pull together quickly (ideal for when you wake up groggy on cold winter mornings). However, I didn't want to go over the top with the blue. So, I added these chunky leopard print heels from C. Wonder for an unexpected twist. Typically, I am always insecure that mismatching patterns won't work, but somehow, they almost always do!  

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...