Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Holiday Sweater




Sweater: Lord and Taylor
Shirt: Ralph Lauren
Pants: J. Crew
Headband: Juicy Couture
Earrings: Charter Club
Shoes: Vera Wang

I've been looking for the perfect holiday sweater for what feels like forever. Something pretty and cheery that would be an easy piece to pull out whenever I couldn't think of anything festive to wear from Thanksgiving through Christmas. So, when I found this cashmere sweater in the clearance racks at Lord and Taylor, I couldn't believe my luck! 

I was instantly attracted to the deep, hunter green color. It's kind of hard to tell in the photos what shade of green it is, but in person it's quite pretty, and stood out to me from the traditional ruby red hue seen most frequently during the time of the year. Plus, the shoulder detail combines some of my favorite things - sequins, pearls, and rhinestones. I thought this sweater really lends itself to a preppy look, so I paired it today with a plain white oxford, minnie pants, and simple black flats. However, I know this is going to be great paired with jeans tucked into riding boots, a wool mini skirt, or khakis. Now, how early is it acceptable for me wear this again?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...