Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Inspired by Disney: Belle



Dress: Tahari
Shirt: J. Crew
Headband: Juicy Couture
Shoes: Vera Wang

As of recent, I've been drawing nearly all of my outfit inspiration from Pinterest. I mean, why bother wasting my brain cells trying to figure out what to wear in the morning when the Internet is at my disposal 24/7? Anyway, today's post for instance, is inspired by this pin of Disney princess inspired outfits. As a child of the nineties and a girly-girly to boot, I've always loved the princesses, but Belle in particular was one of my favorites. 

Honestly, I think it's pretty difficult to wear a Disney princess inspired outfit outside of Halloween. Most of them reveal way too much skin (I'm looking at you Jasmine and Pocahontas), or are wearing big frou-frou dresses that are in no way workplace appropriate. Belle though, she's one practical girl, or at least she was until she moves in with the beast. 

As a result, that made today's outfit simple and easy to put together. Plain blue jumper, check! Long sleeve white-tee, comfy black flats, and black leather headband? Check, check, check! I really wanted to tie a silky white ribbon around my waist to make up for the lack of smock, but I couldn't find the one I've used in the past. Regardless, I think my outfit was pretty spot on. Not so noticeable that "Belle" was the first thing that popped in my coworkers minds when they saw me this morning, but enough that I felt like a princess for the day.
Pin It

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...