Monday, December 9, 2013

Thoughts on Winter White



Sweater: Tommy Bahama
Shirt: Delia*s Warehouse Sale
Skirt: J. Crew
Socks: Macy*s
Shoes: Lucky Brand

There's an unofficial fashion rule that you can't wear white after Labor Day. I don't know who first said that, but I have to disagree. Wearing cream or white, especially in the wintertime, can be so pretty and feminine. The key is to wear appropriate clothing for the season. It seems obvious, but I think that could be where the saying originated from. So when I recently saw this look on one of my favorite blogs, Pink Peonies, I was quite excited to recreate it in my own way. 

I started with this white sequined sweater that I got from my dad's favorite place on earth, Tommy Bahama. Typically, there's nothing in the women's department that I am particularly fond of, but I could not resist this glitzy sweater. On it's own, the sweater is rather lightweight, so it made more sense for me to layer with my favorite chambray button up than with a denim jacket like Rachel did in her post. I finished off with a cream J. Crew mini skirt, knee-high knit socks, and my beloved brown riding boots. I decide to pass on accessories, as I often do whenever I'm wearing sequins, and let my sparkly sweater stand on it's own. 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...