Monday, January 20, 2014

For good luck



Blazer: L.K. Bennett
Dress: Nanette Lepore
Necklace: Lauren Ralph Lauren
Shoes: Coach

Do you have any pieces in your wardrobe that you turn to when you need good luck? I've heard people talk about a lucky old t-shirt, lucky socks, or even lucky underwear that they only pull out when they are counting on a miracle. I never really thought I had any clothing I'd consider lucky until recently, mostly because I guess I've never really thought about it before. 

A week or so ago, I was heading into a big meeting, and really felt like I needed some luck. Despite all my preparation in the coming nights and reassurance from my fiance that everything was going to be fine, I still felt like I needed a little extra insurance. So, as I was standing in front of my wall of dresses the evening before trying to find just the right thing to wear, my eyes settled on this floral print dress. Now, I realize it's not entirely appropriate for the season, but once I saw it, I knew it was the exactly the thing I needed to feel my best. It's the kind of piece that gives me confidence, is absolutely fuss free, and fits me like a glove - all the kind of traits I'm looking for when I need to dress to impress.

To make it more weather and business appropriate, I threw my new favorite black blazer on top. Then, the turquoise necklace and patent leather pumps, since I always seem to wear them when I wear this dress (as seen here and here).

I'd love to know - do you have a lucky piece of clothing? Let me know in the comments!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...