Monday, January 6, 2014

Golden Grahams Bars


This past weekend, I got together with my college friends for a holiday cookie exchange. It's been months since we have been able to get together, and I always look forward to catching up on gossip, playing board games, and trying out new recipes. Now, I know these are not really considered a cookie, but I was afraid that what I was planning on making was going to fail. So, I needed to have some insurance - I would absolutely hate to show up empty handed!

These Golden Graham bars (originally found here) are so simple so make, and they come together in less than 10 minutes. What's not to love about that? Here's all you'll need:

Ingredients
-6 cups mini marshmallows (set 1 cup aside)
-1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
-1/4 cup light corn syrup
-5 tbsp butter
-1 teaspoon of vanilla
-8 cups of Golden Grahams

1. Butter a 13x9 baking pan, set aside.

2. Add 5 cups of mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, corn syrup, and butter to a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until the mixture has melted. Add vanilla, and stir in the Golden Grahams cereal to coat. Stir in the remaining cup of marshmallows.

3. Empty the cereal mixture into the buttered pan. Let stand for about an hour before cutting into bars.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. They were sooooo good! I took my leftover cookies to movie night with my guys friends, one in particular loved these. Just thought I'd let you know. Lol. I'm glad you posted the recipe b/c I'm totally gonna make them.

    ~N

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...