Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I feel pretty



Blazer: L.K. Bennett
Shirt: Lauren Ralph Lauren
Skirt: I.N.C
Boots: Lucky Brand
Headband: Juicy Couture

While watching the Grammy's Sunday night (well, more specifically the red-carpet preshow), I couldn't help but admire all the gorgeous gowns the singers, actors, and presenters were wearing. Everyone looked just beautiful! My favorites dresses included Kacey Musgraves pale pink frock, Taylor Swift's shimmery chain-link dress, and Anna Kendrick's revealing cream colored sheath. Seeing all of them looking so fabulous really inspired me to get pretty on Monday morning, and at the very least, wear something other than my minnie pants and a well loved cardigan.

I started with my plaid shirt, which I feel like I've been wearing a lot recently, but it's just so versatile! From there, I grabbed this gold sequined skirt. Typically, I would never pair these two pieces together, but I felt like doing something different. Looking in the mirror though, my outfit didn't feel cohesive. Black blazer to the rescue! It easily pulls everything together, and makes my outfit a little more office appropriate. As I was saying earlier, I really wanted to feel my best, so I curled my hair and swiped on my new favorite red lipstick, Stila stay all day in Fiery. As I was walked out of my apartment, I felt quite pretty. I guess people at my office noticed too - I got compliments all day. Hello, confidence boost!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...