Saturday, January 18, 2014

What's in my Make-Up Bag



Even though the holiday season is well over, it still feels like I've been doing a lot of travelling. Now, I've never really traveled with make-up before, but recently I've been more concerned with my appearance while on trips. Below, is a detailed list of all the products I can't go without. Everything fits neatly in the Betsey Johnson make-up that I received from a coworker, and can be stowed in my tote bag or suitcase. 

1. Almay oil-free make-up remover pads: I've been using these wipes for years to remove my make-up, and can't imagine using anything else. They are the perfect size for travelling, remove just about any kind of make-up, and don't leave an oily residue on your face.

2. Revlon lip butter in sweet tart: If you're looking for the perfect transition from lip balm to lipstick, this is it. All of the lip butters pack a punch of color, but still look glossy and moisturize. Plus, you can apply this without a mirror - it's pretty hard to mess up!

3. Maybelline great lash mascara in clear: If I could only bring one beauty item to a deserted island, this would be it. I hate the looked of untamed brows, and with one swipe, you'll have defined and tamed brows. Even on mornings when I don't feel like wearing make-up, I make sure I have enough time to apply some of this.

4.Philosophy lip gloss in caramel apple: Philosophy is pretty well known for their line of body wash, but I truly prefer their lip gloss. It's not sticky, and they have just the right amount of pigment. I like to layer this over Revlon's black cherry lipstick for a shiny vampire-esque pout.

5. EOS in lemon drop: My go-to lip balm for every occasion. Typically, I like to put a little on right after a shower in the morning, and just as I am heading to bed. It leaves my lips soft, smelling delicious, and is the perfect prepping product before applying lipstick.

6. Maybelline baby lips in cherry me: I have emptied so many tubes of baby lips since they first came out, it's kind of unbelievable. But I can't get enough of this balm! The product is actually pretty pigmented, considering it's a lip balm, but I think the shades are flattering on just about any skin tone. Plus, I love the easy twist up tube.

7. Illamasqua in box: I'll admit, this lipstick isn't hydrating. But, this is my perfect red lipstick. The color is so intense and highly-pigmented, and I love that it's matte. 

8. Urban Decay eye shadow primer potion in original: If you wear eye shadow constantly, you need to have this in your make-up arsenal. It's the only thing that keeps my eye make-up from creasing, and the nude base glides smoothly onto your skin. I can't imagine using eye shadow without it now!

9. Revlon lipstick in black cherry: I'll admit, this super dark plum colored red can be pretty hard to pull off. But, I still find myself reaching for this all the time. Unlike Illamasqua, Revlon's lipsticks are ultra-hydrating, and wear really evenly. As mentioned earlier, I love pairing this with a shiny glossy for a less intense pout.

10. CoverGirl lashblast in very black: For big, bold, look-at-me lashes, I love this mascara. The brush makes for an easy application, and never seems to clump. This is my choice for any evening make-up look.

11. Urban Decay eye shadow in last call and baked: Okay, so I am still using the Urban Decay "vintage" eye shadows. However, I think they are just as good as the new ones. You really only need a little on your brush for all-over color, and the colors stay put all day. I tend to use last call for my evening looks, and baked for any other occasion.

12. Maybelline one by one in blackest black: This is my current favorite everyday mascara. I love how it defines and separates lashes, and the plastic bristle brush seems to reach even the little baby lashes. Plus, you can easily build volume if you want to without a fear of clumping.

13. Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencils in lucky and crash: These are the only eye liners I will use. I will admit it, I have become a snob. They glide easily over your eyelids without tugging and pulling, and can be smudged well too. I like to pair lucky with my baked eye shadow, and crash with last call. 

What are the make-up products that you can't live without? Let me know in the comments!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I love eos lip balm! And thank you for the prom dress link! The dresses there are so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...