Monday, February 3, 2014

Avocado Chicken Salad


Within the last couple of months or so, I've been on a quest to find some new, easy "recipes" to make for weekday dinners. I use the term recipe here loosely - I'm just looking for something to follow as a guideline and is super quick. Recently while browsing Pinterest, I found a recipe for mayo-free chicken salad. Instead of mayo, it utilizes creamy avocado to give the salad a fatty element. Instantly, I knew this could be a potential winner, as anything that incorporates avocado is bound to be a hit.

I was right. This "recipe" is one of the most delicious things I have ever had. Since first making this sometime last week, I've since made it three or four times. I love that it's so easy to throw together, and I always have the ingredients on hand. Below, I've listed what you need. However, the measurements are approximates - just throw in as much or as little as you think you will like!

Ingredients
-1 avocado, mashed
-1 lime, juice of
-cilantro, finely chopped
-2 green onions
-1/4 tsp cumin
-2 small cloves of garlic, minced
-salt and pepper, to taste
-shredded rotisserie chicken, handful or so



1. Scoop the flesh out of the avocado, and mash until desired consistency.

2. Add lime juice, cilantro, green onion, cumin, and minced garlic. Mix until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.

3. Toss in rotisserie chicken until covered with avocado mixture.

While you could absolutely eat this on its own, I enjoy serving it on whole grain toast, with a slice (or two) of crispy turkey bacon on top. Yum!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...