Thursday, February 20, 2014

Beef Queso Dip


I am a queso connoisseur. If I was stuck on a deserted island and could only eat one food for the rest of my life, I would choose queso over everything else. I am never, ever, sick of it. In fact, it's actually how I rate restaurants. If while looking at the menu I see queso in the appetizer section, I absolutely must order it. Then, I judge virtually my entire experience based on how it tasted. Fair? Probably not. But for me, it's a pretty good determining factor of how good the rest of meal is going to be.

When I found this recipe for beef queso on my new favorite blog Damn Delicious, I knew I would have to try it immediately. There was nothing about it that I didn't like: lots of cheese, spices, and ground beef. Yum! I decided to make some for the Super Bowl a couple of weekends ago, and couldn't get enough of it! Although it was wonderful just with chips on the first day, I really enjoyed smothering this hearty dip on top of tacos and quesadillas for the rest of the week.

Ingredients
-8 ounces Velveeta, cubed
-1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese
-1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes
-1/4 cup canned chopped green chiles
-8 ounces cooked ground beef
-1/2 teaspoon chili powder
-1/2 teaspoon cumin
-2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

Instructions

1. Add Velveeta to a large saucepan, stirring until melted. Stir in Monterey Jack cheese, diced tomatoes, and green chilies until well combined. Stir in spices.

2. Add cooked ground beef and cilantro. Stir until combined and heated, about 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately with chips, and enjoy! Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I have totally made this before and it is the most delicious!!! You must make for the party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done! Now just tell me what I should make for the main course.

      Delete
  2. Soooooo nom, thank you!

    ~N

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...