Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Long and Lean

 

Shirt: Tory Burch
Skirt: James Perse
Shoes: BCBGeneration
Scarf: Etsy

BRR, it's chilly outside! But I am determined to ditch my beloved Hunters and skinny jeans for something slightly more stylish. So, based very loosely on an outfit I saw on Atlantic and Pacific, I threw together this Parisian style outfit.

Now, while maxi skirts are not exactly the most flattering pieces, by pairing it with my favorite pair of knee high wedge boots, I feel taller and leaner. Plus, the material on the inside of this skirt feels similar to a well-worn sweatshirt, which is perfect for when I am freezing in my office. 

After pulling on this black and white striped tee, I was certain a bright scarf would be the perfect complement to the rest of my outfit. However, after looking at a couple of options, I decided to go with this more neutral toned one. What makes this scarf really special is the text printed on it - a passage from Les Mis, one of my favorite books! With a finishing swipe of red lipstick, I instantly felt more pulled together than I have in days.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Is that one of the scarves with words from a book on it?! I love that idea

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...