Monday, February 10, 2014

My Strongest Suit



Blazer: Kate Spade
Top: BCBG Max Azria
Pants: Kate Spade
Shoes: L. K. Bennett

I've never owned my own business suit before. There was no reason to, really. Throughout college, whenever I had an interview or an important meeting to attend, I could typically get away with a pair of dress slacks and a nice blouse, or a blazer and a dress. Post graduation, whenever I was in a pinch and needed to look super professional, I could always borrow from my mom who thankfully is the exact same size as me.

However, I'm no longer living at home, and I've reached the stage in my life that I do need a business suit. Of course, it's not something that I'm going to be wearing even once a week, but it's definitely going to come in handy. Anyway, while shopping in NYC this past December, I was delighted when I stumbled upon this Kate Spade number on the clearance rack. As luck would have it, I was able to find both the blazer and the pants in my size, and both fit me perfectly without any alterations needed (score).

As usual, both of the pieces hung in my closet for quite awhile before I found the perfect occasion for their debut. In this case, a huge presentation that I had to lead. A couple of weeks ago, I talked about wearing a dress for a bit of luck, but for this meeting, luck wasn't going to cut it. I needed to be taken seriously and as an authority, and command the attention of the room. I knew this suit was the only thing that would fit the bill.

Thankfully, everything went off without a hitch. Of course, it helps that I spent days preparing and doing research prior to my meeting, but it's important to be confident in how you look too!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Awww you're all grown up!! I love it and I was just thinking about whether you still had that top, so glad you do, it's so pretty!

    ~N

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...