Thursday, February 6, 2014

Pattern Mixing




Shirt: J. Crew
Skirt: Tommy Hilfiger
Shoes: Lucky Brand
Necklace: Lilly Pulitzer
Headband: Juicy Couture

I'm really bad at mixing prints while putting together my daily outfits. It's not rocket science, but I think it's just too much to wrap my brain around in the early hours of the morning. While going through my old posts, I think this is the only documented attempt I have on the blog of me mixing patterns.

With that being said, this morning while getting dressed, I held up this gingham print button up and polka dot skirt next to each other, and thought they would go well together. Much to my surprise, I was right! Like I said, because I never do this, I'm never quite sure what's going to work, and what's not. I think the only reason I thought this might look okay was because I love pairing pink and blue together. That's something I'm certain on - no matter the shade, they always are the perfect serious and fun color complement.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...