Monday, February 17, 2014

Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki


Thanks to Damn Delicious, I think I'm finally beginning to break out of my weekday dinner rut. Goodbye (for now) to spaghetti with meatballs, tostadas, and grilled cheeses. Yes, these meals are beyond easy to make, but they are boring.

Every recipe on her page is mouthwatering, and for the most part can be made with ingredients you already have on hand. This week, I decided I would try her recipe for slow cooker chicken teriyaki. Personally, I love Asian inspired dishes, but my fiance isn't a fan. Courtesy of this dish though, I think I may have changed his mind.

Ingredients
-1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
-1/2 cup chicken broth
-1/3 cup brown sugar
-1/4 cup soy sauce
-4 cloves of garlic, minced
-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-green onion, chopped, for garnish
-sesame seeds, for garnish

1. Whisk together teriyaki sauce, chicken broth, brown sugar, soy sauce, and garlic.

2. Place chicken breasts into your slow cooker, and cover with teriyaki mixture. Cover, and cook on low heat for 3 hours and 30 minutes.

3. Remove chicken from the slow cooker, and shred in a medium size bowl. Add the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker, and cover and keep for warm for an additional 30 minutes.

4. Serve with white rice, and garnish with chopped green onion and sesame seeds. Bon appetit! Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I bet this was delish! You should try crockpot sesame chicken, you would love.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...