Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Bacon and Cheddar Waffles


I'm always on the lookout for quick and easy dinner recipes. And on the nights when I really want to do the bare minimum, I love to make breakfast for dinner. It's so fun! My fiance and I rarely sit down and eat breakfast together, so it's kind of a treat for us. 

Anyway, tonight I wanted to do something a little different. So, I decided to make bacon and cheddar waffles. They are savory, salty, fluffy, and oh so delicious. And easy. Did I already mention that?

Ingredients:
-1 1/2 cups flour
-1 tsp baking powder
-1/4 tsp baking soda
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp pepper
-1 3/4 cups buttermilk
-4 tbsp butter, melted
-1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
-5 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled

Instructions
1. Preheat a nonstick waffle iron to medium-high. In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder and soda, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. 

2. In a medium bowl, beat buttermilk, melted butter, and eggs. Pour the liquids into the dry ingredient blend, and to stir to form a thick batter. Add shredded cheese and crumbled bacon, stir so the ingredients are evenly mixed.

3. Spoon some of the batter onto the preheated waffle iron, and spread evenly. Cook until golden brown and crisp, following manufacturers instructions. Continue until all of batter has been used (recipe makes about six 6-inch waffles). 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...