Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My Perfect LBD



Blazer: L. K. Bennett
Dress: Diane von Furstenberg
Tights: Betsey Johnson
Shoes: BCBGeneration

I am feeling good today! No special occasions going on here - no meetings, no fancy parties, no, I just wanted to get a little more dressed up than usual just for the hell of it. Yes, even though it snowed and it was well below freezing. I actually woke up at the first alarm at 5:30 a.m., took an extra long shower, and blow dried my hair. Oh, and I'm so glad I did! Gosh, I forget how dedicating just a little extra time to getting dressed in the morning can make such a positive impact on your day.

Can we talk about this dress for just a second? I got it while I was in New York last winter, and this is the first time I'm wearing it and it's making an appearance on the blog! When I knew my time at my old job was coming to an end (I'm going to do a post on this soon, I swear), I stopped caring about what I was wearing to work. I resolved not to wear most of the clothes I got from my trip until I had found a new job. Now, I'm so glad that I did. It has been so much fun to pull out my new clothes again! 

As I zipped up this dress, I realized I had completely forgotten how much I loved it. It fits me so well, and the teardrop cut-outs at the collarbone make this dress standout from any traditional little black dress. Of course, I had to keep things office appropriate, so I added my favorite black blazer on top. Though, I'm really looking forward to styling this classic dress in different ways so I can show off the cut-outs!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Oooooooh! Hey sexy lady!!! Love this dress! You look so beautiful! Of course you look gorgeous in everything and anything =]

    ~N

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...