Thursday, March 20, 2014

Olive Green and Neon Pink



Jacket: Tahari
Shirt: J. Crew
Pants: J. Brand
Shoes: Vera Wang

I love reading through my favorite blogs before going to bed. It's a great way for me to wind down at the end of the day, and provides an excellent source of inspiration for the next day's outfit, or even for one later on in the week. Last night, I was reading Mackenzie's blog, and found this post about olive green and hot pink. It immediately piqued my interested to put together an outfit with the color combination.

I've always loved a solid green and pink color scheme, although in completely different shades - like lime green or mint, and pale pink or magenta. For whatever reason, I've never thought about these hues together, but it made perfect sense once I read the post! I immediately went into my closet, looking for the perfect pieces to put together my own interpretation of this trend. 

My selection for olive colored clothing was limited, but then I remember this belted jacket in my coat closet, and knew it would be just perfect. Next, a tissue soft v-neck tee shirt. I decided on white jeans, instead of traditional blue to really make the rest of the outfit pop, and I'm glad I did. Finally, I slipped on nude ballet flats, although I really wanted to wear cream colored Converse (too bad I don't have any).
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...