Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pattern Play



Shirt: Tory Burch
Skirt: L.K. Bennett
Shoes: Coach
Necklace: Claire*s

I pinned this photo of one of my favorite fashion bloggers, Jessica from What I Wore, more than two years ago. Yes, you read that right. Two! Normally, I'm the kind of person who pins something, and then I like to take action on it (copy the outfit, cook the recipe, organize the junk drawer, etc.) almost immediately afterward. Somehow though, I completely forgot about this photo. It wasn't until I was going through my board deleting pins that were no longer relevant (am I the only one who does this?) that I stumbled on the photo again. 

It was instant inspiration for today's outfit. I'll admit though, I was bit nervous to do some pattern mixing. It's so much easier to just pair together pieces that clearly go together! Other women may it look so effortless, but for me, it's so not.  Thank goodness for the Internet, though! As I looked at myself in the mirror this morning, I was pretty pleased how this pairing turnout. However, I do wish I had taken the extra second to swipe on some red lipstick - I think it really would have pulled together the whole look.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...