Friday, March 14, 2014

Spring, and other musings.



Top: Yumi Kim
Pants: J. Brand
Shoes: Vera Wang
Bag: Kate Sapde
Earrings: Lord and Taylor

I can't keep up with this weather anymore. Mother Nature has gone completely out of control! Wednesday, it was balmy 65 degrees outside (practically summer by my standards), and then yesterday, it dropped to a low of 15 degrees. What?! At least when I know it's going to be freezing out for days, I have a couple of uniforms that I can gravitate to when I don't know what to wear. But when the weather is all over the place like it has been recently? Definitely doesn't make getting dressed any easier.

This morning, I was staring at this top hanging in my closet, just dying to wear it. I was tentative though, just because it feels like such a spring piece, and I'm not in that state of mind yet. That thought crossed through my mind for about three seconds, and then I just decided I didn't care. I was going to wear something spring-y, and look pretty! 

I can't think of anything more spring-like than a crisp pair of white jeans. Now, I have no problems with wearing white after Labor Day. However, that rule doesn't apply to white jeans. I've always strictly reserved them for warmer weather, and love pulling them out after a particularly harsh winter. They always make vibrant colored blouse pop, and stand out from a sea of traditional blue denim. 

Finally, I pulled out my new pale pink Kate Spade crossbody bag to finish off my look. I got it as a treat to myself for finding a new job (but more on that much later), and am so excited to finally be using it! I've been searching for the perfect crossbody for about a year now, and I couldn't be happier with the one I finally found. It's the prettiest shade of pink, roomy enough to fit all of my daily essentials, and to top it off, I got it at a great discount. I think it's the perfect finishing touch to today's look.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...