Monday, April 28, 2014

Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts


I love donuts. Filled, baked, fried, plain - you name it, I love 'em! So, you might be surprised that I really contemplated buying donut pans for quite some time. They're one of those specialty baking pans that you may not use frequently, and can easily end up being a waste of space (and money) if you never use them. 

However, I've seen so many donut recipes that I have been wanting to try on Pinterest that I just decided to grab two one night while at Bed Bath and Beyond. So far, I am glad that I did! They created perfectly shaped donuts, stack neatly on top of each other, and honestly, weren't even very expensive.

For my first time using the pans, I decided to make cinnamon sugar donuts. These were insanely easy to make, and were absolutely delicious with the touch of nutmeg. Although they were best while still hot, I enjoyed eating these for the rest of the week with breakfast.

For donuts:
-Baking spray with flour
-2 cups all-purpose flour
-1 1/2 cups sugar
-2 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp ground cinnamon
-1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
-1/2 tsp kosher salt
-1 egg, lightly beaten
-1 1/4 cups milk
-2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
-2 tsp pure vanilla extract

For topping:
-8 tbsp unsalted butter
-1/2 cup sugar
-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Instructions

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray two donut pans well with baking spray. In a large bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together egg, milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined.

2. Spoon batter into prepared baking pans, filling each one a little more than three-quarters full. Bake at 350 for 17 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then tap donuts out onto a sheet pan.

3. For the topping, melt butter into a saute pan. Combine cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Dip each donut first in butter, and then in the cinnamon sugar mixture.


Donuts after being popped out of the pans. My wells had a little bit too much batter in them, so they spilled over into the middle, and not all of my donuts had holes.

After being dipped in the butter and cinnamon sugar mixture. Yummy!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...