Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Review: Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick


A few weeks ago, I received a sample of Rimmel London's new moisture renew lipstick in "As You Want Victoria." I've been meaning to write a review for awhile, but decided to try it out several times before sharing my initial thoughts.

The color is a bright and vibrant magenta pink. It's very color rich and pigmented, and provided me a perfect pout with just one quick swipe. However, one thing I noticed from the get-go is the scent. I don't know how to describe it, but it's very strong, and not very pleasant. It kind of reminded me of an old lady smell? It's the only thing I didn't like about this product.  

Anyway, as the name suggests, the product is very moisturizing. I've been wearing a lot of lipstick recently, and only noticed recently just how drying it can be. It's basically a trade off - it you want long lasting lipstick, it will dry our your lips within a few hours. Not with this lipstick. Not only does it keep your lips hydrated and moisturized, this is a lip product that lasts! Most days I put it on in my car while sitting in traffic (around 7:30 a.m.) and I don't notice any wear until around 4 p.m. Pretty impressive, considering I drink water all day, and constantly am munching on snacks.

Finally, you can't beat the price! For a good quality product, it only costs about $5 (depending wear you buy it). Overall, even though I received this product as a sample from Influenster, I would definitely purchase it on my own. I'm always looking for the perfect shade of brick red, and I think I'm going to have to check out Rimmel London's version!


Here I am after applying my Rimmel lipstick. What a great punch of color!

I was not compensated for this post, however I did receive a sample for my review. All opinions are my own and not influenced in any way.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...