Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Bermuda Shorts



Top: Gap
Camisole: Calvin Klein
Shorts: BCBG Max Azria
Shoes: Vera Wang
Necklace: Vintage
Watch: gift

This weekend, I set out to take on a daunting chore: cleaning out my dresser. For months, it has been overflowing, and I knew in the depths of some of the drawers were pieces I didn't wear anymore. I found these navy Bermuda shorts while doing so, and put them in the giveaway pile for about two minutes. I couldn't even remember the last time I had worn them, which in most cases, means it's time to give them away.

For some reason though, I decided to try them on. I fell in love again when I noticed they still fit me like a glove, and they were so comfortable. Straight back in the keep pile! Then, it got me thinking of how I could make these work appropriate. At my old job, I would have never worn something like this. Now, I am in such a casual environment, I knew I could get away with these without anyone blinking an eye.

Monday, I decided I would find a way to make them work. I had every intention of sitting out on the patio and getting work done, and wanted to be comfortable in the predictably stifling weather. I knew these would be the perfect thing to stay cool, and paired them with an airy floral-print blouse and some colorful accessories. Now that I have rediscovered these, I'm looking forward to wearing them different ways this summer!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...