Friday, July 11, 2014

Mermaid Inspired



Dress: Kate Spade
Earrings: Lauren Ralph Lauren
Shoes: Cole Haan

Normally when I get promotional emails from Kate Spade announcing a sale, I can't help but check it out. However, I don't usually make any purchases - there's never usually anything that I just have to have, and I am always a little leery about buying something online that I haven't been able to try on and can't return. This time, was a bit different. While browsing, I found a dress and a top that I just had to have. Still, I was hesitant, so I decided to hold off.

The next week, I was indulging in a little retail therapy at the local mall after a particularly trying day at work, and somehow stumbled into Kate Spade (whoops). I really wasn't planning on buying anything, but then I saw the dress and shirt that I had been eyeing. Only one left of each, and both conveniently in my size. I made a quick trip to the fitting room, and shortly after was walking out of the store with another shopping bag.

So! Here's the dress. While relatively plain, I know it's the kind of piece that can be worn many different ways, and I will grow to love more and more. The first time I wear anything, I like to keep things really simple (maybe a weird thing that I just do), and let the new piece shine. When I finally decided to wear this dress, I added some turquoise drop earrings, and gold gladiator sandals. I kind of feel like a mermaid! I know it's not a mermaid style dress, but the vibrant aqua color just gives me that vibe (not that I'm complaining)! 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...