Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Gone Maxi



Dress: Vineyard Vines
Jacket: DKNY
Bracelets: Coach and Segio Lub
Earrings: Neiman Marcus Last Call
Shoes: BCBG Max Azria

I love everything about maxi dresses. I love how comfortable they are, that they look effortlessly chic, and that all of the extra fabric acts as a nice blanket whenever you are travelling or just work in a freezing cold office. With all of that being said, I only have three maxi dresses, and this one is a very recent addition. You see, I'm super super picky about the length. For me, a maxi dress must be sweeping the floor. I'm okay with a little bit of toe, but I don't want to see the tops of feet, or ankles. When maxi dresses are at that length, I've always thought they just look awkward - it cuts off the nice long line the body has otherwise.

So, when I spotted this brightly patterned dress while shopping at Potomac Mills last month, I got really excited. Just from looking at it on the hanger, I was almost positive that it would be long enough, and I was right. Once I brought it home, I was waiting for the perfect day to wear my fun dress - we're talking sunny, 80 degrees, and no humidity. Obviously, I gave up on that idea as it was never going to happen, and decided to wear it on a gray day, and I'm so glad I did. It's bright and colorful print brightened my day from the moment I put it on this morning, and the extra material was perfect while in the office.
Pin It

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...