Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Biscoff Cookies


Have you ever had Biscoff before? I first heard of it a year or so ago, when Trader Joe's cookie butter became pretty popular. It's nearly the same thing: a creamy, smooth spread, akin to peanut butter, but made from ground Biscoff cookies and other spices. You can spread it on toast, cookies, apples...just about anything, really. But then I saw this recipe for Biscoff cookies, and I just had to try them. Although it only makes 13 (boo), these are some of the best cookies I have ever had, and I don't take that lightly. They have a great cinnamon flavor, and are so soft and chewy. I'm savoring each morsel very slowly, but once I finish these up, I'm sure I'll be making another batch soon.

Ingredients
-1 egg
-1 cup Biscoff spread
-3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
-1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
-3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour
-2 tsp cornstarch
-1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
-1 tsp baking soda
-pinch of salt, optional

Instructions
1. In a stand mixer, cream egg, Biscoff, brown sugar, and vanilla on medium-high until fluffy and light, which takes about 4 - 5 minutes. Do not over mix.

2. Scrape down the bowl, and add the flour, cornstarch, cinnamon, baking soda, salt. Mix on low speed until just combined, about 1 minute. The dough should be combined (and a little oily), but should not be sticky or wet.

3. Using a spoon, form heaping two-tablespoon mounds on a plate. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Do not skip this step.

4. Preheat oven to 350, and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place your cookies about 2 inches apart, and bake for about 8 minutes. They may seem a little underdone, but they will be perfect, trust me. If you want the cookies soft, do not bake any longer than 9 minutes. Allow cookies to set on the tray for about 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...