Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pink Lemonade Meringue Cookies


Have I ever mentioned how much I love meringues? Well, if I haven't already, let it be known that I love meringues. They look like little pillow clouds of air, and that's pretty much what they taste like. When done correctly, the outside shell has just a little bit of crunch, and the inside is smooth and airy. Mmm.

So when I found this recipe with a twist on the classic, I had to give it a try. So easy, so quick, and so delicious. This is a keeper, for sure!

Ingredients
-4 egg whites
-1/2 tsp of cream of tartar
-1 cup sugar
-powdered lemonade, crystal light, or kool-aid mix


Instructions
1. Using an electric mixer, whip the egg whites on medium-high until they become frothy (look for lots of little bubbles.

2. Next, add the sugar in small amounts - by the teaspoon, or so. Finally, mix in the cream of tartar. Continue to whip the mixture until stiff, meaning that the meringue holds a shape when the mixer is stop.

3. Once the mixture is stiff, add a 1 tsp of your powder at a time until the desired color and taste is achieved. These kind of powders are very strong, so go slow! I ended up adding about 4 tsp of the pink lemonade powder mix until I was satisfied.

4. Prepare your baking sheet with a layer of foil covered with non-stick spray, and preheat your oven to 225 degrees.

5. Add the mix into a piping bag, or a gallon-sized plastic bag and pipe into desired shape on your cookies sheet. I just went for a swirls and brought the swirl upward.

6.Bake for 45 minutes, or until the tops are just becoming a little brown. Let cool, wait for about 5-10 before cooling and enjoying! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...