Saturday, January 31, 2015

101 in 1001: January 2015


In comparison to the last couple of months, this past month was pretty successful, without me having to try to hard! Anyway, here's what I was able to accomplish in the past month.


9. Make a family yearbook for 2013.
This took a lot longer than I thought it would! But it's finally done. Unfortunately, the books took so long to print (and for me to make), that they weren't done in time for Christmas. I've decided to save them as a birthday gift for my dad this year.

48. Go one month without buying anything non-essential.
Surprisingly easier than I thought! I consider essentials to be food (including going out to eat), gas, and medicine/etc. I think this was so easy to immediately after the holidays because I didn't really want things that I normally want (clothes, make-up, etc.)

56. Purge my closet, and donate anything I don’t wear.
This was my first task of the new year, and I'm so happy this was finally accomplished! When I move later this year, I'm determined not to take anything with me that I won't want later, so this was my first step in doing it. I donated a lot to charity, but am selling a lot of my nicer pieces.

75. Try meatless Monday for one month.
I started doing this in December, but it's something that I started taking more seriously this month. I am a big meat and potatoes eater, so this is pretty hard for me and I eat a lot of the same things (spaghetti with vodka sauce, black bean burgers, guacamole, grilled cheese, soup, etc). I'd really like to continue doing this, but am curious to see how this will go as Lent starts!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...