Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Hand Me Downs



Dress: Old Navy
Belt: Target
Shoes: C. Wonder
Necklace: gift

Who doesn't love hand-me-downs? I know I do. Other than stealing from my mom, I'm usually not the recipient of castoffs. Rather, I am the one who is always cleaning out my closet, getting rid of pieces that aren't my taste anymore or don't fit. So imagine how happy I was when one of my old coworkers let me know she had two huge garbage bags filled with clothes she was taking over to a consignment shop. I was all over it!

I spent a full morning trying on all of her hand me downs, and fell in love with a lot of pieces. However, my closet is already filled to the brim, so I knew I could only keep my absolute favorite pieces. This fit and flare, three quarter sleeve dress was one I had to make room for. I've always thought this shade of turquoise pairs really well with my skin tone and red hair, plus, I can't resist anything with three quarter sleeves.

To finish off my look, I pulled out these chunky, leopard print pumps that probably haven't seen the light of day for about two years, and kept my dress fitted with a skinny, gold glitter belt.
Pin It

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...